Ascend is the ultimate business conference for the ultimate healthcare discipline: rehab therapy. And one of the things that makes Ascend so spectacular is you—our superstar speakers. Thank you for taking the time to be a speaker, and thank you for sharing your knowledge and helping the industry move forward.
This page is your go-to location for all things speaking at Ascend. Below are the to-dos and how-tos you must acquaint yourself with—from now until you step on stage in September.
Thursday, September 19
4:00 PM: Welcome Happy Hour and Badge Pickup
Friday, September 20
7:00 AM–5:00 PM: Ascend Day 1 (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
5:00 PM: Ascend Happy Hour
Saturday, September 21
7:00 AM–4:00 PM: Ascend Day 2 (Breakfast and Lunch included)
Ascend Website | ascendevent.com
- Review your session details and bio on the Ascend website. Contact Lisa immediately if anything looks incorrect.
- Return your completed Speaker Agreement to Lisa (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Email Lisa your W-9 to assist with your honorarium payment.
- Complete your Housing Form.
- Register to attend Ascend.
- Notify Lisa if you plan to add anything to the attendee regisration bag.
- Share that you are speaking at Ascend on social media.
- Complete your Audiovisual Request Form.
- Submit your presentation (and handouts, if you have any) via email.
- Ensure any additions to the attendee bag have arrived at WebPT.
Hotel Reservation | WebPT will cover three nights of your stay at the Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot—however, if you would like to stay longer, you are more then welcome to do so. Lisa will book your entire hotel stay, regardless of the number of nights you’d like to stay. Please let Lisa know when you would like to check in and check out via the Hotel Room Request Form.
Ascend Registration | As a speaker you get a complimentary full conference registration. To register and claim your free ticket, click here and use promo code Speaker. Your completed registration ensures that we have all the event details we need.
Attendee Registration Bags | You are welcome to add something to the attendee registration bag, though you do not have to. If you would like to add an item, please let Lisa know ASAP and plan to have 500 items arrive at the following address by September 1. All items must fit in a 16”x14” bag.
Attn: Lisa Klarich
625 S 5th St
Phoenix AZ 85004
A/V Needs | Here is a link to the Audiovisual Request Form. This form will ensure that everything you need on the stage will be ready to go when you are.
Please make sure all provided information is titled with your name, your session title, and the date of your session.
- PowerPoint: Please submit your presentation via email, Dropbox, Google Slides, or another common file transfer service. Make sure the file is properly identified with your name, your session title, and the date of your session. Let us know if there are any flash, video or audio files included in your PowerPoint.
- Format: We plan for PC-formatted files by default, so please let us know if your files are formatted for MAC. We can accomodate PC and MAC files alike, as long as we’re alerted by September 1. Please let us know if your version of PowerPoint is older than 2003.
- Images/Photos for Projection: High-resolution JPEG files are acceptable—however, we suggest that you find (and use) the largest picture available. If you send your images one by one, please include a list of the images’ order, with image identification. We recommend that you use a vector file (EPS or AI) for logos.
- Video: We prefer MOV or MP4 files. Please specify which file format you will provide and whether it is embedded into your PowerPoint or if it needs to be played separately. If you intend to play your video separately, please let us know when you’d like the video to play during your presentation.
- Music: If you have theme songs or music in your presentation, please forward them along with your other information by September 1.
- Backup: Backup, backup, and backup again. WebPT should receive the show-ready master file—and we recommend that you back up (and bring) an additional copy of the presentation to the show site.
Presentation instructions can also be found here.
If you are confirmed to be an Exchange Moderator here is what you need to know:
We are doing Exchange sessions twice during ascend. schedule below, however, we are only planning moderators for day one so day two feel free to either sit at your topic or joint another table.